Kathi Kuschel – Secretary
Bob McMichael – Building Inspector
Paul Raicevich – Electrical Inspector
George Ryan – Mechanical/Plumbing Inspector
Click Link Below to Pay Permit Fees by Credit Card :
[ https://eps.mvpbanking.com/cgi-bin/login.pl?access=51243766 ]
(there will be a processing fee)
Please browse the following list to find out what documentation you will need for your particular project. We have provided links for you so that you may conveniently print out the appropriate forms required for your project. Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Heating Permits are required in Berlin Township, for more information call the building department at (810) 395-4518. To access the forms, click on the PERMITS button.
For New Home construction you will need:
1) Address will be assigned by Township when building permit is applied for.
2) Building permit filled out
3) Three (3) plot plans are required. On plot show dimensions from side, rear and front lot lines, also show approximately where the house will be located. Must show where well and septic are going to be located.
4) Must have current well & septic permit from St. Clair County Health Department and culvert permit from the St. Clair County Road Commission.
5) Two (2) sets of complete construction drawings including truss detail.
6) Energy calculations
7) Proof of ownership. Either warranty deed or land contract papers.
8) If licensed contractor is doing the work, must supply a copy of their current Michigan State License and register with the Township.
a) Applying for new house requires $110 which includes plan review & application fee.
b) $125.00 for commercial (each trade)
10) Additional fees will be required when permit is ready.
11) Separate permits will be required for electrical, plumbing, mechanical and air conditioning
For Additions and Alteration you will need:
1) Three (3) plot plans are required. On plot show dimensions from side, rear and front lot lines, also show approximately where the house will be located. Must show where well and septic are going to be located.
2) Two (2) sets of complete construction drawings including truss detail plus $60 which includes plan review and application fee.